Tuesday 22 July 2014

Don't be Modest!

From childhood, My parents, teachers, relatives and all elders always taught me to be MODEST! But As I grew, I realized this is an incorrect teaching, I will never ever teach my kids!
image
Show Off to the world about what you are! A great designer, a great writer, singer or dancer, cook, or traveler. Just say it!
Why shouldn’t we brag about ourselves? 
The first question asked in an interview is - ‘Tell us your 3 most amazing qualities about yourself’. The first question asked in a marriage - ‘Tell us something about yourself’. Can you be or Should you be modest here? No Ways! Just be yourself, because you are not born to impress anyone. 
It’s a right saying that ' I am drunk therefore I am '.
image
So, lets start teaching our kids to boast about themselves, be confident, and let the world know about their accomplishments, their talent and their passion! 
A short poem - 
When I stayed silent, they said I knew nothing..
When I bragged, they thought I was showing!
When I spoke to myself, there was no motivation.
When I shared my achievements, I received appreciation.
I will share with the world - my talent, my passion. 
Call me a boast if you wish, but you WILL LOVE me for my actions! 
- Written by me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment